It's a well known fact that laptops can be temperamental beasts when it comes to working with audio projects. Everyday functions such as Wi-FI, Firewire and a whole range of power saving functions can cause the audio to glitch or drop out as the laptop handles background services and applications.
The solution is a laptop that is chosen for it's CPU latency handling abilities and specially tested solutions that are known to work without causing the gigging performer any headaches along the way.
Our 15" laptop comes with the following basic features:
- 15.6” (1920x1080) 16:9 display
- Nvidia GTX675m 2GB graphics card
- eSata/USB 2 combo / 1 X USB 2.0/ 3 X USB 3.0 / Cardreader
- DP/HDMI/DVI out for 2nd Monitor
- Gigabit lan
- None TI Firewire Built In
On top of that you can configure the CPU, hard drive and memory options and then add in wi-fi support should you require it, as well as any other options you feel your ideal laptop should have.
More information on the performance of our audio systems can be found within the Scan Pro Audio blog.
* Please note - These laptops have been tested with the majority of interfaces currently available and whilst the majority perform flawlessly the are noted issues with DICE II based devices from Focusrite, Presonus & TC. Please do not purchase one of these laptops if you have a Firewire interface from one of these firms, however USB interfaces work without issue.*
If you would like us to validate your unit for use with these laptops prior to purchase or have any other questions please contact us and we will look into it for you.
This laptop model ships with a 2 year RTB warranty with extended warranty options are available which may be taken out with these units. Please contact us for more information.